The goals of the Department of Educational Leadership are to
- Provide graduate programs of study in which students pursue advanced degrees in P-12 educational leadership, student affairs administration and leadership, and community college teaching and leadership.
- Immerse graduate students in coursework which provides a foundation for understanding the historical, social, and philosophical contexts of education and methods of conducting research in educational settings.
- Provide rigorous, relevant, and empirically supported instruction which engages students in acquiring knowledge and in solving problems critically, analytically, and ethically.
- Conduct research that is significant, driven by theory, and methodologically rigorous, in order that students and faculty participate as active consumers and producers of knowledge.
- Provide service to our community, our state, and the global community, as well as our department, college, university, and profession.